- 400 grams dried white beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 250 grams Goose on the Loose chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (you can also use celery)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can 400grams diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock or water
- Prepare the beans: From the previous night, soak the dried beans in a large bowl filled with water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Rinse them well and boil them in a pot filled with water until soft and tender (the time will depend on the type, age, and quality of the beans). Rinse well and set aside.
- Make the stew: Transfer the olive oil, the carrot, the onion, the bell peppers, and the chorizo to a large skillet and cook over medium/high heat until the vegetables are soft (about 10-15 minutes). Add the paprika, the thyme, the parsley, the diced tomatoes, the chicken stock, the beans, the salt and the pepper. When it starts to boil reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with bread and eat!