- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 25 grams Goose on the Loose Chorizo Salami with Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 to 3 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- French bread, for dipping
- In a large saucepan, cook the onions in the butter over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chorizo to the onions and cook until the sausage loses its raw color, about 5 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, and then turn up the heat to high.
- Once fragrant, deglaze the pan with the wine, allowing it to bubble for a minute. Lower the heat to medium, add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the prepped mussels and cover to steam until the mussels open, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream and stir. Serve immediately with plenty of sliced French bread for dipping.