This warm and inviting dish makes a comforting brunch or a delightful one-pan weeknight dinner!
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 6 eggs
- 1 pkg (125 g) Goose on the Loose Traditional Hot Calabrese, sliced and chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Heat oil in high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, red pepper, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes and hot pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Using spoon, make 6 wells in sauce; crack 1 egg into each well. Scatter salami over top. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes for soft-cooked eggs or until cooked as desired.
- Garnish with feta and parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
- Tip: Alternatively, serve with warm pita bread.