- 400g macaroni pasta, uncooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g Goose on the Loose chorizo, diced
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 100g plain flour
- 800ml full cream milk
- Salt and pepper
- 200g cheddar, grated
- Parsley, to garnish
- Cook the macaroni following the packet directions for roughly 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over low to medium heat. Fry the onion for 5 minutes and then add the garlic, chorizo and bacon and fry for 10 minutes or until the bacon is cooked and the oils are released.
- Stir in the flour over 2 minutes until a roux forms. Gradually add the milk, stirring slowly with a wooden spoon until a thick sauce forms. Season with salt and pepper and let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring regularly. Turn the heat off and set aside.
- Stir the grated cheddar into the sauce until it is completely melted.
- Add the macaroni pasta to the saucepan with the cheesy sauce and mix it gently.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.