- 5 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper
- 125g of Goose on The Loose Salami thinly sliced and cut into thin strips
- 125g cooked bacon thinly sliced and cut into thin strips
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 30g unsalted butter
- 8 fresh basil leaves torn
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup thick cream
- 450g spaghetti
- ⅓ cup white wine
1. Beat the egg yolks, parmesan and cream in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan, add the salami and bacon and cook over medium heat for 2.5 mins until crisp. Add the basil and garlic and cook for a further 2 mins. Turn off the heat and set aside.
3. Cook the pasta according to packet directions, then drain.
4. Return the salami and bacon to medium-low heat, add the wine and simmer for 1.5 minutes.
5. Add the salami mixture into the pasta and stir. Quickly add the egg mixture and toss, allowing the hot pasta to cook the egg mixture.
6. Serve sprinkled with the extra parmesan.
Tip: Use Hot Calabrese salami for an extra kick!