- 4 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 a Goose on the Loose Artisan Pepperoni
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shaved
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- With a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh from the interior of the zucchini, so they resemble boats. Place the zucchini boats in a casserole dish. Chop the zucchini flesh and set it aside.
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and let heat through. Add the pepperoni and cook for 4 minutes. Add the garlic, onion, chopped zucchini flesh, tomatoes, and some salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the Parmesan, mozzarella, breadcrumbs, and parsley; mix to combine.
- Spoon in and mound the salami mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over top. Place in oven and bake until golden on top, 20 minutes.