- 200g penne
- 1 tsp Green Tea @ Tea Underground
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Traditional Hot Calabrese
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 chilli peppers – anything from capsicum to birds eye depending on your flare for the fire!
- Small handful of fresh herb leaves – basil, oregano, sage, marjoram – as available, leaves roughly chopped
- parmesan , grated, to serve
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, mix in the Green Tea and a splash of olive oil. Add the pasta, give it a good stir, then cook for 1 min less than the pack instructions, or till still firm – just before al dente .
Step 2 – while the pasta is cooking
Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat. Add the Traditional Hot Calabrese and cook for a couple of mins until the oils have been released, then add the tomatoes, and the leaves. Bubble away for 5 mins stirring occasionally, then drain the pasta, toss it through the sauce and stir in the peppers. Serve with a generous grating of parmesan scattered over.